Frequently Asked Questions (Faq's) On Polos & T-Shirts
It is always preferable to know the sizes of the users. There are various brands, each following their own size specifications. Therefore, to avoid disappoint to the receiver their shirt size should be taken as irrespective of the brand , shirt sizes are standard and then the same should be converted into t-shirts sizes as per the table below.
|Shirt / T-Shirt Cross Measurement Chart|
|Shirt Size (Shoulder)||36||38||40||42||44||46|
|T-Shirt Size (Chest)||38||40||42||44||46||48|
Sunlight contains ultraviolet (UV) radiation and it is this that causes colours to fade. In summer there is obviously a lot more UV radiation than in winter. Further, since the days are longer in summer, you are likely to have clothes fade more in summer than in winter. It is not just clothes hanging on the line to dry that fade. While you are out in the sun, the clothes you are wearing are being exposed to UV radiation and consequently are quietly fading.
While you cannot really do much to stop clothes fading while you wear them other than perhaps buying a very large hat or sombrero, you can take some steps to reduce fading when you hang your clothes out to dry after washing them. As a first step, turn your clothes inside out when you hang them out to dry. Any fading which occurs on the inside of the garment is not likely to be noticeable.
If you have a rotary clothes line, hang your darker coloured clothes on the inner lines and the lighter coloured clothes on the outer lines. The clothes on the outer lines act as a shade for the inner lines and reduce the amount of sunlight they are exposed to. If you have a fixed clothesline you will know the direction from which the sunlight comes for the time of day when you are drying your clothes. Simply hang the white or lighter coloured clothes in a position so that, as much as possible, they come between the darker clothes and the sun. Finally, do not leave the darker clothes on the line for longer than it takes to dry them. In summer especially, clothes are often dry in under an hour and so don’t need to be left out for the whole day.
Although at Casablanca we manufacture 8000 pieces a day. The minimum quantity is a single piece from our ready stock of colours and style with branding. Nevertheless, for economies of large scale production we suggest a minimum quantity of 250 pieces.
We offer a wide array of colour options to choose from our ready stocks nevertheless, if a specific colour is required the same too is possible minimum quantity in cotton is 300 pieces and for Polyester Cotton is 600 pieces.
Yes, pantone number works well with us. Please note that fabric pantone numbers are different from that of paper pantone numbers as the medium of printing is different. We will need the fabric pantone number. If giving a fabric pantone number is not possible a print out of the colour required too can suffice for matching it manually.
Yes, you can style your own T Shirt. Visit “Design Studio” on the home page. “Design Studio” is very interactive and simple to use. A minimum quantity of 300 – 500 T Shirts is required for the same depending on the pattern selected.
Printing or embroidery are the most popular ways of branding. Depending upon the design we suggest the most suited technique. However one needs to remember that Halftone / Photographic images cannot be embroidered. Types of printing possible –
- Pigment Printing – This is a water base method of printing which is possible only on white or light colour garments. Printing can be ironed upon.
- Plastic Printing – This too is a water base method of printing on white or light colour garments. A thin film can be felt on the surface. Printing can be ironed upon.
- White Opaque Water Base Printing (locally also termed as Khadi Printing.) – This was the age old method used to print on dark garments. It has a poor opacity. Printing can be ironed upon.
- Plastisol Printing – Ideal to print on light/dark garments, has good opacity. There are special plastisol printing machines for this ink, fine letterings and alignments are easy to attain. This is the most popular technique of printing the world over. Printing cannot be ironed upon.
- Lazor / Digital opaque printing on White or Light Garment – Brilliant reproduction of the design, the turnaround time too is very fast. Ideal technique of printing within a few hours. Nevertheless, the printing is Guaranteed to Fade with every wash. This technique is ideal for a single day event.
- Lazor / Digital printing on Dark garments- Small quantities of dark garments or urgent requirements can be fulfilled by this method. Geometrical shaped designs are easily reproducible. Nevertheless, this method of printing works expensive and not suggested for large volumes.
- Litho Transfer printing (sticker printing) – Ideal to print halftone designs and works very economical in large scale production. For small runs the development cost may constitute to a significant amount of the cost per piece of printing. Nevertheless the printing cannot be ironed upon. The edges may start fraying after a few washes. A thin film is formed on the garment.
- Sublimation Printing – Printing is possible only on 100% Polyester garment. Excellent vibrancy of colours. Small runs of printing too is possible. Unlike transfer printing there are no development cost. The layer of ink cannot be felt.
- Direct to garment printing- Also known as DTG printing, digital garment printing and inkjet to garment printing, is a process of printing on textiles and garments using specialized or modified inkjet technology. This technology is still at a very primarily stage and is evolving. Printing lacks vibrancy.
- Rubberized Printing – Is a rubber based chemical, after printing on the garment the print area is heated from the reverse and the print swells out.
- High Density printing : High density printing is done through a process of adding layers of ink on top of one another to create depth and 3D graphics.
- Foil printing: Foil applications are a great way to add shine to your custom garments. Makes your t-shirt stand out with this special effect technique.Types of foil possible are gold, silver and brass.
- Discharge printing : It is also called Extract Printing. This is a method of applying a design to dyed fabric by printing a colour – destroying agent such as chlorine or hydrosulphite, to bleach out a white or light pattern on the darker coloured ground. In colour discharge printing, a dye impervious to the bleaching agent is combined with it, producing a coloured design instead of white on the dyed ground.
- Rotary printing: Images to be printed are curved around a cylinder. Large volumes of the same repeat printing such as the camouflage printing is attained through rotary printing.
- Flock printing: It gives a velvet kind of a feel to print. After printing the gum onto the garment, flock powder (available in multi colours ) is sprinkled over the printed gum. Not a very popular way of printing on t-shirts
Metallic and Shimmer Inks : Special effect printing with metallic and shimmer inks come in Silver and Gold colour options. These inks include glitters and shimmers formulated to produce dramatic effects with excellent durability.
300 – 500 T Shirt Quantity is required depending upon the pattern selected.
Knitted cotton always shrinks on wash. However, the shrinkage is reduced by a process of compacting the fabric whereby the shrinkage is less than 5% (internationally accepted norm).
Casablanca T Shirts are guaranteed for colour fastness. The T Shirts will not bleed or soil other clothes washed along with it. Colour Bleeding normally occurs when poor quality of dyes are used to save on cost of manufacture. (Do refer to Q2 : Will garments fade).
GSM is the short form of “Gram Square Meter”. This is normally confused with gms (weight of the garment). It is not possible for a non industry person to determine the GSM of a garment unless a lab test is done to determine the same. It is very unfortunate that a non industry person normally while comparing the price of a garment of various manufacturers use G.S.M.as a bench mark. Higher the gsm better the quality is an absolute myth.
There are various qualities of cotton yarn. Combed cotton is superior to semi or carded. Cotton balls start surfacing after a few washes if the yarn is a semi combed or carded.
In case of urgency, our turnaround time could be a few working hours with branding from our stock colours and styles. Ideally we need 15 days to manufacture order specific styles. Nevertheless, the same too varies depending upon various factors such as style, quality and quantity.
This is a myth, thickness of a garment does not guarantee its longevity.
Organic cotton is grown without the use of chemical pesticides, herbicides or fertilizers (there are natural ingredients that can be used for these purposes, such as pyrethrum, which comes from chrysanthemums). Emphasis is placed on the quality of the soil and things like crop rotation and supporting beneficial insects for pest control.
Organically grown cotton fibres have the same characteristics as conventionally grown cotton. The yarn is just as strong and durable as any other cotton yarn you could buy.
Originating in the South Western United States, Pima cotton is most closely comparable to Egyptian cotton, with which it shares long-fibered tensile strength and an amazingly soft feel. Pima cotton was first produced in Peru, but has been named after the Pima tribe of Native Americans who began cultivation of the plant in the US. The desirability of Egyptian cotton led to attempts by the US to grow it in the Southwest, but the resulting crop varied slightly from its Egyptian cousin. The superb absorbency of the material does mean that stains are easily formed, and the fabric should be treated with stain guard whenever possible.
We ship the goods via air, rail, road & sea to the destination of your choice on a To-Pay basis. Delivery within Mumbai Octroi limits is free.
For printing we need a .CDR (corel draw with convert to curves or publish to service bureau) or .AI (Adobe illustrator) or EPS file with text converted to curves. For embroidery a good quality JPG file will suffice. In either case a physical printout is very imperative to match the colours.
Please note that the colour on the monitor and output may differ therefore a signed printout is necessary.
For a non-industry person the best way to determine the quality of a garment is by putting the garment through a wash. If the t-shirt holds good after a wash with regards to colour, shape and feel then it is safe to choose that quality. Technical jargons of specifications although may seem impressive do not hold good for a user as comprehending the technical is almost impossible to the user.
Cotton being a natural fibre is very sensitive to moisture. The feel of a garment varies depending upon the season it is manufactured in. Many a times the manufacturer needs to use dryers to dry the fabric, the feel of the garment will vary as compared to naturally dried fabric. In the corporate clothing industry delivery schedules are very crucial, and one cannot allow climatic conditions to affect the delivery schedules.
This depends on several factors. If I may ask you a few questions I will be able to give you a quote for your custom print job. As Screen Printers we should know all the factors that go into producing a custom t-shirt job and know that without getting all the details necessary you cannot give your customer an accurate quote.
We guarantee that the print will stay on your shirts. If a screen printed image doesn’t stay on the garment it is because the printer fails to properly monitor the final product as it rolled of out the dryer. A printed image must get to a temperature of 350 degrees all the through the image. If you have a thicker ink deposit on the t-shirt, the t-shirt will require a longer time in the dryer. When a print cracks and peels on a t-shirt it is because the screen print was not allowed to be fully cured. Each job has to be monitored separately to have the highest quality image possible.
There are several answers to this question. Nowadays, most people think they can pull an image off the web and you can somehow magically make it appear on a shirt. The first concern you need to have is if the image is copy righted or not. After you’ve made that determination you can then begin to explain that images that are on the World Wide Web are only good for the web. The reason being is that images on the web are more times than not only 72dpi. The lower the number of dpi. the lower is the quality of the image. As a screen printer we know that it is very difficult to draw from an image with low resolution and the detail in the image will suffer tremendously. Secondly, many times a client brings in a jpeg image that has multiple colours in it and they think this is ready supplied art. Please ask your agency for a VECTOR image.
Here again the answer may vary depending upon your requirements and our stock availability. The standard time taken for production is 15 days from fabric manufacturing to delivery. Nevertheless, the same may vary depending upon the customization required by customers. No matter what, we do not make promises to our customers that we cannot keep.
We do not entertain customers bringing their own garment and asking us to do the branding. Branding a garment risks rejections. Casablanca Apparels does not accept any product for branding other than our own.
Yes, you can get paid samples.
We always suggest to our clients that they order an additional buffer quantity while placing the initial order itself. Being manufacturers it is almost impossible to reach the exact quantity ordered for unless we manufacture additional quantity and build it into our costing. This would always increase the cost of the t-shirt to a client therefore willingness to accept a tolerance level of 5% (+)/(-) in the quantity is recommended. Ordering an additional quantity later will cost a lot more.
We always suggest our clients try on the samples to determine the sizes required. Sample can be provided on confirmation of prices for size trials.
If a client has been charged for the logo then we are obligated to give the same to you.
Embroidery : Digitized designs can be mailed to you.
Printing : We only charge our client for the mesh and positives. Therefore, if they need the screens to be given to them then the cost of the metal frames will be charged additional.
We have mentioned “Nike” only as an example but any copyrighted logo is illegal to print unless you have been granted the rights to do so. You might not think it’s a big deal or that you’ll get caught. If you do get caught they can come in and take everything you own. Do you want to take that chance? Besides that it’s a matter of morals. These people have invested a lot to be where they are. Put yourself in their shoes. We always think of it like this: “What comes around goes around!”. Casablanca Apparels does not believe in stealing or using copyright designs and does not entertain such requests.
The quality you see in the retails outlets is not the quality you get to buy 99% of the time. Large brand names does not necessarily imply that the quality is good. Many large and popular brand in the retail segment have also entered the corporate promotional clothing industry. Nevertheless, they have created a separate low cost and quality line of products for the promotional industry which is not retailed. This line of products are being used only to en-cash their brand image. We suggest “buyer beware” and should keep the brand name aside and compare products on the basis of quality.